Steps to review an IRB submission where you are assigned as primary/secondary reviewer
- Open your web browser and navigate to http://istar.usc.edu (this site).
- Login with your username and password.
- Open the study from My Inbox by clicking on the name.
- In the study workspace, click the View Study icon to open the smart form application.
- OR -
Click the Printer Friendly Version icon to open the entire application in a printable version.
- Review the study application and attached documents.
- Record any comments for you review (can use MS Word).
- Exit the application to return to the study workspace.
- Click the Enter Primary Reviewers Notes or Enter Secondary Reviewers Notes activity.
- Type your review into the comments text box. (Note: you may cut-and-paste your comments from an open MS Word file)
- OR -
Upload the saved MS Word file using the Add button in the Attachments section.
- Click the OK button to save your review.
- If you need to make additional changes to your review, use the Enter Primary Reviewers Notes or Enter Secondary Reviewers Notes activity again. You may edit your review as many times as you wish before the assigned committee meeting.